Android Development #6
To get started, set up your workspace as follows:
- In the Project window, open app > res > layout > activity_main.xml.
- To make room for the Layout Editor, hide the Project window. To do so, select View > Tools Windows > Project, or just click Project on the left side of the Android Studio screen.
- If your editor shows the XML source, click the Design tab at the top right of the window.
- Click (Select Design Surface) and select Blueprint.
- Click (View Options) in the Layout Editor toolbar and make sure that Show All Constraints is checked.
- Make sure Auto-connect is off. A tooltip in the toolbar displays (Enable Autoconnection to Parent) when Auto-connect is off.
- Click (Default Margins) in the toolbar and select 16. If needed, you can adjust the margins for each view later.
- Click (Device for Preview) in the toolbar and select 5.5, 1440 × 2560, 560 dpi (Pixel XL).
That’s it for today guys…